If you’re on social media very much, you might have come across a video that celebrity Kim Kardashian posted while getting a Morpheus8 microneedling skin tightening treatment on her stomach, calling it a game changer. The buzz created by the video and other celebrities touting the treatment has fueled interest in other areas that Morpheus8 can treat.
Can it be used to treat bags under the eyes? Absolutely! Even though it is most commonly used on the face, Morpheus8 can also improve a variety of skin concerns. To understand the versatility of Morpheus8 microneedling—which we often combine with autologous conditioned plasma (ACP)—we’ve created a list of areas and concerns that Morpheus8 targets:
- Under the eyes: Microneedling with PRP is perhaps the best treatment option for smoothing under-eye festoons—also called malar bags—which develop just below the lower eyelids. Fat and fluid can accumulate in this area, causing a puffy appearance and making you look tired and older than your years. During a Morpheus8 treatment, the device’s fine needles penetrate the skin and trigger the body’s natural healing process. We can apply ACP immediately after microneedling to deliver platelet growth factors, stimulating other cells to help heal the tissue.
- Acne scars: In addition to its effectiveness as a skin tightening treatment, Morpheus8 minimizes the appearance of acne scars. Microneedling triggers the body’s wound-healing response, which boosts collagen production to “fill in” the depressed acne scars. Because Morpheus8’s needles penetrate deeper than other RF microneedling devices, the results are even more dramatic.
- Melasma: Women with darker skin tones often encounter melasma, a condition in which splotchy gray or brown spots develop. Treating this stubborn condition is tricky because some laser or light-energy devices can actually make the discoloration worse. Because Morpheus8 is appropriate for all skin types, it’s an effective tool for melasma.
- Stretch marks: Morpheus8 can fade stretch marks that develop after weight gain or pregnancy. The treatment breaks up the fibrous tissue that causes stretch marks on the abdomen, breasts, thighs, and other areas.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: Morpheus8 microneedling is sometimes called collagen induction therapy (CIT) because it stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin. This process helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, creating smoother, tighter skin.
- Jowls: Patients who notice jowls starting to develop can benefit from Morpheus8 treatments. The procedure lifts and tightens mild to moderate skin sagging and restores a more angular jawline and well-defined chin.
Even though most patients see results after a single Morpheus8 with ACP treatment, we recommend scheduling 3 sessions spaced about a month apart to achieve the desired changes. If you want to learn more about this game-changing treatment, request a consultation using the online form or call YES Medspa & Cosmetic Surgery Centre at (604) 888-9378 to schedule an appointment.