YES Medspa & Cosmetic Surgery Centre
301-8837 201 Street
Langley, BC V2Y 0C8
Phone: (604) 265-8093
Cosmetic Surgery: Mon–Fri: 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
Medspa: Mon: 9 a.m.–7 p.m., Tue–Fri: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
For some people, liposuction is a good solution to reduce areas of stubborn fat. This is because some people are genetically predisposed to carrying fat in certain areas of the body, which can be particularly resistant to even the most aggressive diet and exercise regimens. In women, such areas typically include the thighs, hips, buttocks, and abdomen. In men, it is often the belly or flanks, often called “love handles.” Liposuction in the Vancouver, BC area with body contouring specialist Dr. Mathew Mosher reduces these fatty deposits, resulting in improved shape and contour to your “trouble spots.” At his practice, several advanced liposuction options are offered to best achieve your body contouring goals.
To learn more about your liposuction options, click here to request a consultation with Dr. Mosher at YES Medspa & Cosmetic Surgery Centre in Langley. Dr. Mosher is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and has extensive experience with body contouring techniques and procedures. He and his friendly, experienced staff will be happy to help you determine the best approach for achieving your aesthetic goals.
Appropriate Uses of Liposuction
People visit Dr. Mosher near Vancouver for liposuction to improve the shape and contour of certain areas by reducing the fat layer that lies between the skin and the muscle. Liposuction can be performed on various parts of the body where isolated pockets of fat exist, including hips, thighs, buttocks, knees, abdomen, flanks, upper arms, and even the face and neck. It is critical that the right volume of fat is reduced to avoid results that look lumpy or rippled. Dr. Mosher has the experience and training to perform liposuction precisely and effectively, creating beautiful results for his patients, which you can view in our photo gallery.
Liposuction is best suited for patients who are of a stable, healthy weight who exercise regularly and do not smoke. It is not to be considered a weight-loss tool, and patients with a body mass index over 35 are not candidates for this procedure. Liposuction does not improve skin tone, tighten loose muscles, or enhance the appearance of cellulite. Dr. Mosher can perform Smartlipo™,Cellulaze™, or a surgical tummy tuck in combination with standard liposuction to address these concerns. Those who would prefer a non-surgical solution may be good candidates for SculpSure® or Venus Legacy™ treatments. During your consultation, Dr. Mosher will discuss which technique or combination is right for you.
Your Liposuction Procedure
Dr. Mosher performs liposuction at his surgery centre under light general anesthetic or local anesthesia with sedation. The use of the tumescent technique further adds to patient comfort and reduces post-operative bruising and swelling. This involves flooding the treatment area with an anesthetic solution which aids in the removal of fat cells, and reduces bleeding and trauma to surrounding tissue.
Dr. Mathew Mosher
Royal College-Certified Plastic Surgeon
As the Medical Director at YES Medspa & Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Mosher takes great pride in helping patients understand their procedures, explaining the details and answering questions so that they are confident in their choices. Dr. Mosher and the rest of the experienced team at YES take a personalised approach to patient care utilizing experience and expertise sets them apart.Meet Dr. Mosher
Dr. Mosher makes tiny incisions through which he inserts the suction cannula (tube). After the tumescent solution has been introduced, Dr. Mosher inserts the cannula, then manually manipulates it to loosen and suction away the fat cells. In addition to traditional suction-assisted liposuction, Dr. Mosher offers the following newer technologies:
- Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL) – Power-assisted liposuction employs a specially designed cannula which uses tiny, rapid vibrations to help release the fat cells prior to suctioning. Since Dr. Mosher does not have to manually break up the fat, more fat can be removed in a shorter period of time, which may improve results and shorten recovery. The vibrations transmitted by the PAL cannula allow Dr. Mosher to gently sweep the cannula through the treatment area, breaking up and removing fat cells with decreased trauma to surrounding tissues. This makes PAL a valuable tool in larger liposuction procedures and in traditionally difficult areas to sculpt such as the back, flank, upper abdomen, breast, and chest.
- Smartlipo – Dr. Mosher offers Smartlipo as an enhancement to traditional liposuction. This technology uses laser energy to liquefy fat cells and make them easier to suction away. The tiny laser fibre in the cannula transmits energy directly to the fat cells. This energy then causes the fat cells to rupture. Smartlipo is effective in a wide range of areas, including the abdomen, flanks, arms, buttocks, hips, thighs, and even under the chin. Studies have shown that laser-assisted lipolysis also can create collagen retraction and tissue tightening, leaving patients with firmer skin in addition to an improved body contour.
Recovery and Results
Recovery will depend on the extent of the procedure, the area treated, and the individual patient. Generally, the newer techniques used by Dr. Mosher allow for a quicker, more comfortable recovery with less bruising and swelling than ever before. You will be directed to rest and take it easy for several days, with most patients returning to work and light activities after a week. You will need to wear a compression garment for several weeks, which helps reduce swelling and improve comfort.
If you have had liposuction performed elsewhere and want Dr. Mosher to consult with you about more liposuction or revisional liposuction surgery, we recommend that at least 6 months have elapsed since your previous surgical procedure.
We offer proven, clinically-tested treatments that renew and refresh your appearance.Learn More
At YES Medspa & Cosmetic Surgery Centre, we offer a broad range of highly effective non-surgical options that you can choose instead of, or in addition to, surgery:
- Reducing areas of unwanted fat: SculpSure®, Venus Legacy SculptFX™
- Skin tightening: Venus Legacy SculptFX™
- Cellulite Reduction: Cellulaze™, Venus Legacy SculptFX™
To learn more about which approach to liposuction is right for you, click here to request a consultation with Dr. Mosher at YES Medspa & Cosmetic Surgery Centre in Langley. Or you can call his office at (604) 265-8093 to schedule an appointment at your convenience.
Our Surgical Centre
Our on-site, state-of-the-art surgical centre is one of only three private ambulatory surgery facilities in the Province that meets the most current Canadian Standards Association standards. Many other private ambulatory surgery centres in the Province continue to operate without restrictions even though they do not meet current CSA standards for environmental safety and control.Learn More