Do you want to turn back the clock on damaged, aging skin? An IPL Photofacial, or photo rejuvenation, is a safe, non-invasive solution that uses intense pulsed light (IPL) to restore the skin.
Why are photofacials such a popular treatment among patients at our Langley med spa? Let’s explore some commonly asked questions about IPL therapy, including:
- Am I a good candidate for IPL photorejuvenation?
- What are the top IPL Photofacial benefits?
- What is IPL Photofacial recovery like?
Are you ready to restore your self-confidence by uncovering radiant skin? Keep reading!
How Does IPL Therapy Work?
Unlike laser therapy, IPL therapy delivers multiple wavelengths of pulsating light to treat a wider area. Icon MaxG™ IPL technology directly targets light pulses into damaged skin areas, leaving surrounding tissues unharmed. Unwanted skin pigmentation absorbs the heat, dissolving discolored or damaged areas while boosting collagen production. This process leaves the skin looking more youthful, even, and refreshed. Typically, broken capillaries can be improved with 1-2 treatments. It may take 3-5 treatments for deeper or darker pigmentation.
Are You a Good Candidate for IPL?
Patients with these conditions typically achieve the best IPL Photofacial results:
- Uneven skin tone/texture
- Age spots
- Brown or red blemishes
- Dark lesions
- Vascular redness/lesions
- Broken capillaries
- Acne scars/discoloration
- Fine lines and wrinkles
During your consultation, we’ll examine your skin, discuss your goals, and recommend a course of action customized to your needs. Our approach may include combining your IPL therapy with other beneficial skin rejuvenation procedures.
IPL Photofacial Pros and Cons
Many patients choose IPL Photofacial skin rejuvenation because it is an all-inclusive treatment that simultaneously addresses many skin concerns. You gain the benefit of appearing younger and more refreshed without investing a lot of time in your treatment and recovery.
More IPL Photofacial pros:
- Minimally invasive, non-abrasive approach—no incisions necessary
- Quick, convenient, and effective—patients see results quickly
- Extremely tolerable—minimal discomfort during and after IPL
- Little to no recovery downtime—you can return to work and apply makeup right away
Some Photofacial IPL cons:
- Not ideal for all skin types—darker skin tones may not achieve optimal results
- Skin sensitivity—you must avoid sun exposure before and after treatment
- Your skin routine may have a hiccup—you must avoid acne creams that contain glycolic acid or Retin-A before and after treatment
- You may need multiple treatments to achieve desired results—plan accordingly for this commitment
IPL Photofacial Recovery
Good news! IPL recovery and results are achieved quickly. While healing times vary slightly, here’s what you can generally expect:
- Mild, sunburn-like redness immediately following treatment (resolves the same day)
- Freckles and age spots may darken temporarily for a few days before fading
- Skin may feel tight and dry for a few days
- Noticeably smoother, firmer skin and more even skin tone/texture within 7-10 days
Are you ready to unlock a more youthful, radiant version of YOU? View our IPL Photorejuvenation before and after pictures and contact our YES Med Spa team to request a consultation or call today at (604) 888-9378 to schedule an appointment.